Our Journey Through Infertility

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2 years, 3 months

I titled my blog as I did because that is how long we have been facing our infertility struggle. I have debated for a long time whether I should blog about this or not but I have decided to.
When you get married you just automatically assume when you are ready to have kids it will just happen. That's just the natural progression of things. You know how long you want to wait before you have children (for us it was 5 years, but we got overly anxious and only waited 4) and then"bam" you are pregnant and nine months later your baby arrives. I have learned that this is not quite the case. So today as I share we have been waiting for our baby for 2 years and 3 months and have not yet had good news.
Before I go any further I do want to say that I am a born-again, devout follower of Christ. At the age of 8 I told God that I knew I was a sinner, I believed that He had sent His perfect Son to die on a cross for MY sins and that He rose again on the third day. I invited Him to live in my heart and forever be my Lord and Savior. Why do I write this? I want anyone who reads this to know that He is the only way my husband and I have gotten through this valley in our lives. Just because I'm a Christian does that mean that I haven't gotten mad at God? Absolutely not!! Does He expect me not to? Of course not!! He made us human and He created us to have feelings.
So it goes without saying the Christian walk has its valleys and it has its mountain top experiences. Even though we are going through a valley God is still King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is not surprised by this and he has sent precious people on Earth to love on us during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment